Letters to the Editor

Monday 26 March 2012

Ward 6 council candidate Letourneau releases election platform; focus on transparency



My commitments should I get elected on May 14, 2012 include:

  • greater transparency, which includes
    • posting regular video updates here on website to inform constituents about city issues and about my activities at meetings, committees and in the community (announced Friday, Feb 3)
    • to be a responsible and responsive representative by holding regular forums for the ward (announced Monday, Feb 6)
  • work toward a more sustainable city,
  • my full and unwavering support of local culture and business, and
  • to dream big so that Fredericton's reality can meet its potential.
  • be the most accessible city councilor of Fredericton ever
  • make sure operation of city business is open and transparent and that meetings and information are as accessible as possible,
  • listen and represent the residents of Ward 6 to the fullest of my capabilities, 
  • make my website a virtual gathering spot for residents for Ward 6 by posting regular video updates to inform constituents directly about goings-on at council and committee meetings, 
  • hold regular forums for residents of ward, 
  • respond to calls, emails, tweets in a professional and positive manner
  • investigate whether webcasts of council meetings are viable. 
 All of this can be accomplished while maintaining fiscal responsibility. Over the weeks and months ahead, I will be releasing more specific ideas and details under these commitments.

I will also work together with others who are elected to council, constructively, but be sure that the voices of Ward 6 are respected.

And I will work together with other levels of government to make sure Fredericton’s voice is heard.  

Please check my website and Facebook page over the next few days for my commitments under other themes of my campaign: sustainability, support for local business and arts, and my long-term vision for Fredericton.
- Ian