Letters to the Editor

Wednesday 19 October 2011

The Shiretown Blogger joins our blog list

       
My name is Nathan DeLong, and I hail from Woodstock, New Brunswick, a beautiful, wealthy community I am fortunate to call home. I am a sixteen-year-old, grade eleven student at Woodstock High School. I have been a freelance writer off and on since I was fourteen, and I hope to be a journalist someday. On July 19, 2011, I took my passion for writing and media to a new level—I went online and created The Shiretown Blogger.
The Shiretown Blogger's slogan is Sharing community news in effort to celebrate our wealthy community and its progress. The objective is to provide coverage to issues and community happenings that are often overlooked or not given enough attention by traditional news mediums, while celebrating the Woodstock community. The blog includes more than just a wide variety of community news. Among The Shiretown Blogger's features is a Community Links page, containing website links to various Woodstock-area businesses and organizations. It also is preserving local history with the History at a Glance page, which includes information about the history of the Woodstock area.
You can access The Shiretown Blogger by visiting www.shiretownblogger.blogspot.com. Contact me via email at anathandelong@gmail.com for more information about the blog, or to provide story ideas, feedback, or even submit written material.