- Peter de Marsh, Taymouth Community Association
"The Aboriginal People's Council may have to file an injunction to stop [shale gas] companies."
- Carol LaBillois, concerned community member
"We are working very well with First Nations. Private negotiations are going on and I don't want to say anymore."
- SWN General Manager, Tom Alexander
"The referendum [on shale gas drilling] hasn't been discussed yet. It's been introduced but not followed up. It will likely be part of municipal elections because seismic testing will be complete by that time. I'm focusing on strict rules to govern seismic testing in the area where the companies are held responsible."
- Kirk MacDonald, MLA York North
"I don't want any gas wells in the province. It's going to change it forever...and I'm not buying into the jobs for NBers pitch."
- Joey Saindon, concerned community member