"The government is working on beefing up every facet of regulations; several groups are working on it and we contribute information. The government has gone places and done due diligence, taking the best practices from those places, learning from the mistakes of others."
- Tom Alexander, General Manager, Southwestern Energy NB
"Our group is calling for a ban on fracking until we know more and ensure the safety of the process. I'm not an activist by nature; I'm not polished, but I know I want clean water."
- Dr. Tanya Wood, member, Concerned Citizens of Central NB
"We just came from a meeting with the Saint John Board of Trade this morning. We got a positive reaction; most people have been positive."-
- Louis Legere, Communications consultant, M5 Group, SWN
"If someone came in here halfway through his [Tom Alexander] presentation they'd think he was setting up an ice cream stand."
- Diane Clowater, resident of Boiestown
"It's important communities come together; it's divide and conquer having meetings in little towns. People have to back each other; we have to go to areas and support others. We all share the water."
- Mellisa Gallant, co-founder Facebook site "Ban Hydraulic Fracturing (hydro-fracking) in New Brunswick, Canada"
"The last government put this agreement in place. We haven't been in government long, but we're putting communications in place; we're working on it and want to understand the issues IF it [shale gas drilling] becomes an industry here."
- Kirk MacDonald, MLA York North